Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Xstrata board OKs Glencore merger
Monday - 10/1/2012, 12:10pm EDT
(AP) - PAY DIRT: The board of Anglo-Swiss mining company Xstrata PLC is recommending shareholders accept merger terms with Swiss commodities trader Glencore PLC _ a deal that would create an industry behemoth with revenues around $175 billion.
KING COAL: Xstrata is the world's biggest exporter of thermal coal and also produces copper, nickel and zinc. If the deal is approved by shareholders, it would create one of the world's largest natural resources companies.
RAW MATERIALS: Glencore, one of the world's biggest traders in raw materials such as coal, cotton and corn, went public with a $10 billion IPO last year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)