Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Measure of future growth up
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 12:21pm EST
(AP) - ECONOMY IMPROVES: The Conference Board's index of leading indicators increased in December from November 0.5 percent, suggesting economic growth may strengthen in early 2013.
SOURCES OF STRENGTH: Five of the index's 10 components showed improvement, led by a decline in applications for unemployment benefits, gains on Wall Street and an increase in applications for building permits.
OUTLOOK: The gauge is designed to anticipate economic conditions three to six months out. Economists said the December increase points to strength ahead, although they say orders to U.S. factories must improve for the momentum to be sustained.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)