Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Drought in Plains still worsening
Thursday - 8/23/2012, 12:14pm EDT
(AP) - TOO DARN HOT: The nation's most withering drought in decades only got worse in key farming states last week despite cooler temperatures that provided a break from the stifling heat, according to a new drought report.
WITHERING CROP: Just over two-thirds of Iowa, the nation's biggest corn producer, is in extreme or exceptional drought, up more than 5 percentage points from the previous week.
WORSENING PATTERN: In the lower 48 states, there was a slight increase in the overall area experiencing at least some drought, to 63.2 percent on this week's map, from 61.8 percent on last week's.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)