Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Disney rolls out more live TV apps with Comcast
Thursday - 6/14/2012, 3:27pm EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Disney rolled out three more apps that enable pay TV subscribers of Comcast to watch live TV on the go.
Pay TV distributors like Comcast Corp. and media companies are adding mobile and Web access to TV channels to convince people to keep paying for their TV subscriptions. The new mobile offerings can't be purchased separately and are available only to people who purchase bundles of channels together on a monthly plan.
Following up on the release of its WatchESPN app to Comcast subscribers, The Walt Disney Co. said Thursday it will now enable subscribers of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior to use their iPhones and iPads to watch the live feeds.
Apps for the channels were put on Apple Inc.'s app store late Wednesday.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)