Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: ECB warns of weak economic growth
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 2:02pm EST
(AP) - STILL WEAK: European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said the economy of the 17 countries that use the euro remains weak and will struggle to grow.
RATE UNCHANGED: He spoke Thursday after the ECB's governing council left its key interest rate unchanged at the record low of 0.75 percent.
UP TO GOVERNMENTS: Draghi insisted the central bank has done its part to haul the eurozone out of its financial crisis. It is up to governments to improve investor confidence in the currency bloc by fixing their shaky public finances and cutting the bureaucracy and regulations that hinder stronger growth, he said.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)