Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Buoyed by surging demand, Ikea to expand globally
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 12:24pm EST
STOCKHOLM (AP) - Ikea says it plans to open 25 new outlets and recruit 75,000 more workers overall by 2020, as its global market share last year increased with annual net profit growing 8 percent to (EURO)3.2 billion ($4.3 billion).
The world's largest furniture retailer on Wednesday reported revenue of (EURO)27.5 billion for the 2012 fiscal year, up from (EURO)26 billion a year earlier. The company does not release quarterly figures.
Ikea Group CEO Mikael Ohlsson said most growth last year was in China, Russia and Poland, closely followed by the United States and Germany.
Ikea said it had "continued lowering prices for customers and further improved product quality."
The Sweden-based company has 338 stores employing some 154,000 people in more than 40 countries. The new outlets will mainly be in Asia.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)