Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: US manufacturing grew in September
Monday - 10/1/2012, 1:15pm EDT
(AP) - FACTORY REBOUND: U.S. manufacturing grew for the first time in four months, buoyed by a jump in new orders and more jobs. The Institute for Supply Management, a trade group of purchasing managers, said Monday that its index of factory activity rose to 51.5, up from 49.6 in August.
GOOD SIGN: The increase is a hopeful sign that the economy may be improving after a weak stretch. A reading above 50 signals growth and below indicates contraction.
STILL SLOW: Economists welcomed the increase, though most still forecast slow economic growth below 2 percent for the rest of this year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)