Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: WellPoint 4Q profit rises 38 pct
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 1:15pm EST
(AP) - HEALTHY PERFORMANCE: Health insurer WellPoint Inc. said Wednesday it earned $464.2 million, or $1.51 per share, in the three months that ended Dec. 31. Earnings totaled $1.03 per share, excluding adjustments and one-time items. Operating revenue climbed less than 1 percent to $15.27 billion.
READINGS: Analysts expected, on average, earnings of 94 cents per share on $15.29 billion in revenue, according to FactSet.
PROGNOSIS: WellPoint expects to earn at least $7.60 per share, counting expenses for its integration of recently acquired insurer Amerigroup Corp. and some other costs. Analysts forecast, on average, earnings of $7.94 per share.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)