Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Wells Fargo kicks off bank earnings
Friday - 1/11/2013, 2:36pm EST
(AP) - KICKING OFF EARNINGS: Wells Fargo reported fourth-quarter earnings Friday, the first of the U.S. megabanks to do so. Profits shot to a record, up 25 percent from a year ago. Revenue climbed 7 percent.
THE HOME FRONT: Wells Fargo is the country's biggest mortgage lender, and its results are a bellwether for the entire housing market. Mortgage originations were up slightly over the year, but they slowed compared to the record third quarter.
THE REFINANCE FORCE: Nearly three-quarters of the mortgage applications were from borrowers who want to refinance their homes. Federal Reserve policy is keeping interest rates extremely low.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)