Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Wells Fargo kicks off bank earnings
Friday - 1/11/2013, 2:36pm EST
(AP) - KICKING OFF EARNINGS: Wells Fargo reported fourth-quarter earnings Friday, the first of the U.S. megabanks to do so. Profits shot to a record, up 25 percent from a year ago. Revenue climbed 7 percent.
THE HOME FRONT: Wells Fargo is the country's biggest mortgage lender, and its results are a bellwether for the entire housing market. Mortgage originations were up slightly over the year, but they slowed compared to the record third quarter.
THE REFINANCE FORCE: Nearly three-quarters of the mortgage applications were from borrowers who want to refinance their homes. Federal Reserve policy is keeping interest rates extremely low.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)