Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: China Dec. auto sales accelerate
Friday - 1/11/2013, 12:57pm EST
(AP) - NICE RIDE: China's auto sales rose 7.1 percent in 2012 after growth accelerated in December and an economic recovery began to gain traction.
CAR NATION: Sales in the world's biggest market by number of vehicles sold totaled 15.5 million units, the China Association of Auto Manufacturers said. December sales rose 6.9 percent to 1.46 million vehicles.
WHEELS FOR THE MASSES: The government is promoting auto manufacturing and ownership and has tried to encourage sales of smaller, more fuel-efficient cars. General Motors Co., Nissan Motor Co. and Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz have launched lower-priced brands for the vast but poor rural market.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)