Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: China Dec. auto sales accelerate
Friday - 1/11/2013, 12:57pm EST
(AP) - NICE RIDE: China's auto sales rose 7.1 percent in 2012 after growth accelerated in December and an economic recovery began to gain traction.
CAR NATION: Sales in the world's biggest market by number of vehicles sold totaled 15.5 million units, the China Association of Auto Manufacturers said. December sales rose 6.9 percent to 1.46 million vehicles.
WHEELS FOR THE MASSES: The government is promoting auto manufacturing and ownership and has tried to encourage sales of smaller, more fuel-efficient cars. General Motors Co., Nissan Motor Co. and Daimler AG's Mercedes-Benz have launched lower-priced brands for the vast but poor rural market.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)