Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
US patent office plans satellite site in Detroit
Wednesday - 1/11/2012, 1:12pm EST
DETROIT (AP) - The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office plans to open a satellite office in Detroit, its first such facility outside Washington, D.C.
The agency announced Wednesday that the 31,000 square-foot space just east of downtown will open by July. It's expected to employ 100 people in its first year.
The agency says opening new office is part of an effort to hire and keep "the nation's top professionals." It also says the new office should "provide a boost to the southeastern Michigan's innovation economy."
The patent office plans to open at least two more satellite offices during the next three years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)