Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Boeing results share buybacks, boosts dividend
Monday - 12/17/2012, 5:27pm EST
CHICAGO (AP) - Boeing Co. says it will buy back $1.5 billion to $2 billion of its shares next year, and it is boosting its dividend.
Boeing says the buybacks and higher dividend are possible because it is generating cash and has a positive growth outlook. Boeing shareholders have been waiting to benefit from its new 787 plane.
The share repurchases will use up the rest of the money authorized for that purpose by Boeing's board in 2007.
Boeing also raised its dividend 10 percent, to 48.5 cents per share. It will be paid on March 8 to shareholders of record on Feb. 15.
Boeing shares have traded between $66.82 and $77.83 over the past 52 weeks. On Monday they rose 63 cents to close at $74.65.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)