Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Unicredit returns to Q3 profit after cost-cutting
Tuesday - 11/13/2012, 9:18am EST
MILAN (AP) - Unicredit SpA, Italy's largest bank by assets, says it has returned to third-quarter profits a year after launching a cost-cutting program.
Unicredit reported net profit of (EURO)335 million ($424 million) compared with a huge (EURO)10.6 billion net loss last year that included writedowns on Greek debt and several subsidiaries.
The bank said revenues were up 2 percent to (EURO)6.1 billion, while its loan loss provisions were down 5 percent to (EURO)1.8 billion.
CEO Federico Ghizzoni said the revenues remained "resilient" despite the ongoing debt crisis due to the bank's geographical diversity.
Unicredit has reduced staff and refocused on Central European operations under a strategic plan launched last year.
The bank's Core Tier 1 ratio, a measure of health, was 10.7 percent, above European requirements.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)