Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Sweden's Nordea overcomes loan losses in 2012
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 3:47am EST
STOCKHOLM (AP) - Banking group Nordea AB says it posted record profits in 2012 as a combination of cost-cutting measures and a larger customer base more than offset bigger loan losses.
The Nordic region's largest banking group says net profit rose 19 percent to (EURO)3.1 billion ($4.2billion) while net interest income, its largest source of revenues, rose 5 percent to nearly (EURO)5.6 billion.
The bank also says Wednesday that it had net loan losses of (EURO)933 million during the year, mainly due to volatility in the shipping industry and Danish housing market.
Nordea says the bank was able to post a "higher profit than ever before" thanks to a financial plan to cope with the increasing difficulties in European economies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)