Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Sweden's Nordea overcomes loan losses in 2012
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 3:47am EST
STOCKHOLM (AP) - Banking group Nordea AB says it posted record profits in 2012 as a combination of cost-cutting measures and a larger customer base more than offset bigger loan losses.
The Nordic region's largest banking group says net profit rose 19 percent to (EURO)3.1 billion ($4.2billion) while net interest income, its largest source of revenues, rose 5 percent to nearly (EURO)5.6 billion.
The bank also says Wednesday that it had net loan losses of (EURO)933 million during the year, mainly due to volatility in the shipping industry and Danish housing market.
Nordea says the bank was able to post a "higher profit than ever before" thanks to a financial plan to cope with the increasing difficulties in European economies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)