Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Sweden's Nordea overcomes loan losses in 2012
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 3:47am EST
STOCKHOLM (AP) - Banking group Nordea AB says it posted record profits in 2012 as a combination of cost-cutting measures and a larger customer base more than offset bigger loan losses.
The Nordic region's largest banking group says net profit rose 19 percent to (EURO)3.1 billion ($4.2billion) while net interest income, its largest source of revenues, rose 5 percent to nearly (EURO)5.6 billion.
The bank also says Wednesday that it had net loan losses of (EURO)933 million during the year, mainly due to volatility in the shipping industry and Danish housing market.
Nordea says the bank was able to post a "higher profit than ever before" thanks to a financial plan to cope with the increasing difficulties in European economies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)