Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
BMW says sales up nearly 11 percent in 2012
Thursday - 1/10/2013, 5:23am EST
BERLIN (AP) - Automaker BMW AG says its worldwide sales rose nearly 11 percent to a new record last year, helped by strong demand in China and the U.S. for its luxury cars.
The company said Thursday the BMW Group _ which also includes the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands _ delivered 1.85 million vehicles last year. In December, it delivered 181,571 cars _ nearly 15 percent more than a year earlier.
Full-year sales in Asia increased by nearly a third, with deliveries in China increasing 40 percent to 326,444. In the United States, sales rose 14 percent to 347,583.
The picture was less rosy in economically troubled Europe but BMW still saw its sales there edge up 0.8 percent to 864,812.
Rival premium brand Mercedes-Benz has also reported record sales for 2012.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)