Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Nike 1st-quarter net income falls
Thursday - 9/27/2012, 5:00pm EDT
(AP) - THE NEWS: Nike said Thursday that its fiscal first-quarter net income fell 12 percent as higher sales of its clothing and footwear brands was offset by higher costs and increased ad spending. Revenue rose 10 percent to $6.67 billion.
THE CONTEXT: Nike, like other consumer products makers, is facing high costs for materials and labor, as well as an uncertain economy in Europe and a slowdown in China. The company, based in Beaverton, Ore., has raised prices and cut costs in response.
WHAT'S NEXT: Futures orders _ those scheduled for delivery between September 2012 and January 2013 _ rose 6 percent.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)