Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lufthansa attendants accept pay settelement
Tuesday - 12/11/2012, 4:44am EST
BERLIN (AP) - A union representing flight attendants at Lufthansa says its members have voted to accept a pay deal with the airline _ averting the possibility of strikes during the holiday season.
The UFO union said Tuesday that 85 percent of members who participated in a ballot on last month's arbitration settlement voted to accept it.
The settlement gives attendants a pay raise that fell short of their demands but included a no-layoff guarantee until the end of 2014, among other concessions by the two sides.
Lufthansa is struggling to compete against European budget carriers and government-owned airlines from the Persian Gulf. Germany's biggest airline and the union took their dispute to arbitration in September after attendants staged a series of short-term work stoppages that caused the cancellation of hundreds of flights.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)