Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: December retail sales rise
Thursday - 1/3/2013, 2:30pm EST
(AP) - THE NEWS: Major retailers said a key revenue figure rose in December, helped by a last minute surge of holiday shopping.
THE CONTEXT: Retailers including Costco, Gap and Nordstrom on Thursday reported better-than-expected December revenue. That was a relief for stores that can make up to 40 percent of their annual revenue during the winter holiday shopping period.
BY THE NUMBERS: Twenty retailers reported revenue at stores open at least a year _ a figure that indicates a retailers' health _ rose 4.5 percent in December compared with the year-ago period, according to the International Council of Shopping Centers.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)