Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ford's US sales up 22 pct in January
Friday - 2/1/2013, 9:29am EST
DETROIT (AP) - Ford's U.S. sales rose 22 percent in January on strong sales of pickup trucks and new vehicles.
F-Series truck sales jumped 22 percent over last January. Many analysts are predicting stronger truck sales in 2013 as housing construction increases.
Sales of the new Fusion midsize sedan climbed 65 percent from a year earlier. The Fusion was introduced late last year.
Sales of the new Ford Escape SUV, which struggled last fall after a series of safety recalls, rose 15.5 percent. Ford said it was the strongest January ever for the Escape, with nearly 20,000 sold.
Ford Explorer SUV sales were also strong, up 46 percent over last January.
Ford's luxury Lincoln brand saw an 18-percent decline. Ford is in the midst of a multi-year revamp of Lincoln's products.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)