Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: US durable goods orders up
Monday - 1/28/2013, 4:41pm EST
(AP) - ORDERS UP: U.S. demand for long-lasting manufactured goods rose 4.6 percent in December on strong gains for volatile aircraft orders.
BUSINESS INVESTMENT SLOWS: Orders that signal business investment plans edged up just 0.2 percent. That followed 3 percent gains in November and October.
OUTLOOK: Business investment rebounded at the end of 2012 after slowing earlier in the year. Most economists expect demand to weaken again this year, mostly because Americans are paying higher Social Security payroll taxes without much gain in wages.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)