Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: US durable goods orders up
Monday - 1/28/2013, 4:41pm EST
(AP) - ORDERS UP: U.S. demand for long-lasting manufactured goods rose 4.6 percent in December on strong gains for volatile aircraft orders.
BUSINESS INVESTMENT SLOWS: Orders that signal business investment plans edged up just 0.2 percent. That followed 3 percent gains in November and October.
OUTLOOK: Business investment rebounded at the end of 2012 after slowing earlier in the year. Most economists expect demand to weaken again this year, mostly because Americans are paying higher Social Security payroll taxes without much gain in wages.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)