Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Germany's Schaeuble to meet Greek opposition chief
Friday - 1/11/2013, 11:07am EST
BERLIN (AP) - Germany's finance minister will meet Greek opposition leader Alexis Tsipras, a vehement opponent of Berlin-backed austerity policies, when he visits the German capital next week.
Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble will meet Tsipras on Monday. Tsipras, who heads Greece's Radical Left Coalition Party, will be in Berlin for a rally organized by a hard-left German opposition party.
Ministry spokeswoman Marianne Kothe said Friday that Tsipras requested the meeting.
Greece has been kept afloat since May 2010 by rescue loans from the other 16 European Union countries that use the euro and the International Monetary Fund. In return for the loans, the lenders _ Germany in particular _ have insisted on a series of economic reforms, tax raises and spending cuts.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)