Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Spain's jobless just short of 5 million in January
Monday - 2/4/2013, 2:58am EST
MADRID (AP) - The number of people registered as unemployed in Spain is bordering on 5 million as the country remains mired in recession.
Labor Ministry figures released Monday showed the registered jobless figure surged by 132,055 in January to 4.98 million.
Spain is struggling to emerge from its second recession in just over three years with its economy battered by the collapse of the once-key real estate sector.
The country's unemployment rate was at 26 percent at the end of the fourth quarter, up 1 percent from the previous three-month period.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)