Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Dow closes above 14K, a rare event
Friday - 2/1/2013, 4:13pm EST
(AP) - THE WOW INDEX: The Dow closed above 14,000 on Friday, a level not seen since before the Great Recession. This also marks just the 10th time in its history that the Dow has closed above that mark.
MOM AND POP: The Dow Jones industrial average is a stock market index meant to be a gauge for the rest of the market. More small investors are getting back into stocks, which is helping drive the Dow's current gains.
THE OTHER ENGINES: Traders were encouraged by a few incremental signs of an improving economy. The unemployment rate rose but the government said that hiring over the past year had been better than previously thought. Auto sales jumped.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)