Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Dollar mixed after US jobs report
Friday - 2/1/2013, 6:20pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - The dollar was mixed against most major currencies Friday after the U.S. government said employer's added jobs last month, but the unemployment rate rose.
The Labor Department said 157,000 jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate rose to 7.9 percent from 7.8 percent in December.
The euro rose to $1.3662 in late trading Friday from $1.3574 late Thursday. Earlier, the euro jumped to $1.3710, its highest point against the dollar since Nov. 14, 2011.
The British pound fell to $1.5714 from $1.5859.
The dollar rose to 92.74 Japanese yen from 91.38 Japanese yen.
The dollar fell to 0.9078 Swiss franc from 0.9098 Swiss franc and to 99.71 Canadian cents from 99.76 Canadian cents.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)