Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Jobless rates fall in 22 states
Friday - 3/29/2013, 1:18pm EDT
(AP) - RATES DOWN: Unemployment rates fell in 22 U.S. states in February from January. They rose in 12 and were unchanged in 16, the Labor Department said Friday.
HIRING UP: Nationally, employers have added 200,000 jobs a month since February, double the rate from last spring.
ON THE MEND: States hit hardest in the recession are seeing big drops in unemployment. Nevada's unemployment rate fell to 9.6 percent from 11.8 percent in February 2012, California's to 9.6 percent from 10.8 percent and Florida's to 7.7 percent from 9 percent.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)