Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Jobless rates fall in 22 states
Friday - 3/29/2013, 1:18pm EDT
(AP) - RATES DOWN: Unemployment rates fell in 22 U.S. states in February from January. They rose in 12 and were unchanged in 16, the Labor Department said Friday.
HIRING UP: Nationally, employers have added 200,000 jobs a month since February, double the rate from last spring.
ON THE MEND: States hit hardest in the recession are seeing big drops in unemployment. Nevada's unemployment rate fell to 9.6 percent from 11.8 percent in February 2012, California's to 9.6 percent from 10.8 percent and Florida's to 7.7 percent from 9 percent.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)