Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: Stocks lose shine, shiny metals rise
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 4:19pm EST
(AP) - GOING FOR GOLD: Prices for gold and silver rose on Wednesday, including a 3 percent jump in silver, as stocks fell.
IT'S THE ECONOMY: The government said the economy shrank slightly in the fourth quarter and the Fed said it would continue buying bonds to help stimulate borrowing and the economy.
ALL THAT GLITTERS: A plodding economy can be good for gold. As the Fed continues to keep money cheap some investors will buy gold to try to protect themselves from possible inflation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)