Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
News Summary: S&P 500 index extends record
Friday - 10/18/2013, 4:11pm EDT
(AP) - NEW RECORD: The Standard & Poor's 500 index set a record for the second straight day and is now up 22 percent this year, its best gain since 2009.
GAGA OVER GOOGLE: Investors pushed the stock of the search-engine company up nearly 14 percent on a jump in third-quarter earnings. The stock topped $1,000 a share for the first time.
PROFIT TROUBLE AHEAD?: Despite good earnings reports from a few big companies on Friday, earnings for all S&P 500 companies are expected to grow just 3.4 percent in the third quarter, the slowest quarterly growth in a year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)