Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
News Summary: S&P 500 index extends record
Friday - 10/18/2013, 4:11pm EDT
(AP) - NEW RECORD: The Standard & Poor's 500 index set a record for the second straight day and is now up 22 percent this year, its best gain since 2009.
GAGA OVER GOOGLE: Investors pushed the stock of the search-engine company up nearly 14 percent on a jump in third-quarter earnings. The stock topped $1,000 a share for the first time.
PROFIT TROUBLE AHEAD?: Despite good earnings reports from a few big companies on Friday, earnings for all S&P 500 companies are expected to grow just 3.4 percent in the third quarter, the slowest quarterly growth in a year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)