Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
News Summary: S&P 500 index extends record
Friday - 10/18/2013, 4:11pm EDT
(AP) - NEW RECORD: The Standard & Poor's 500 index set a record for the second straight day and is now up 22 percent this year, its best gain since 2009.
GAGA OVER GOOGLE: Investors pushed the stock of the search-engine company up nearly 14 percent on a jump in third-quarter earnings. The stock topped $1,000 a share for the first time.
PROFIT TROUBLE AHEAD?: Despite good earnings reports from a few big companies on Friday, earnings for all S&P 500 companies are expected to grow just 3.4 percent in the third quarter, the slowest quarterly growth in a year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)