Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How the Dow Jones industrial average fared Tuesday
Tuesday - 10/22/2013, 4:14pm EDT
(AP) - The Dow Jones industrial average rose on Tuesday after a tepid jobs report boosted the prospect of more economic stimulus from the Federal Reserve.
Investors also were encouraged by strong earnings from major U.S. companies such as Whirlpool, Delta Air Lines and Kimberly-Clark. The Standard & Poor's 500 index closed at a record for a fourth consecutive day.
The Dow rose 75.46 points, or 0.5 percent, to close at 15,467.66.
The S&P 500 index gained 10.01 points, or 0.6 percent, to 1,754.67.
The Nasdaq composite advanced 9.52 points, or 0.2 percent, to 3,929.57.
For the week so far:
The Dow is up 68.01 or 0.4 percent.
The S&P 500 is up 10.17 points, or 0.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 15.29 points, or 0.4 percent
For the year so far:
The Dow is up 2,363.52 points, or 18 percent.
The S&P 500 is up 328.48 points, or 23 percent.
The Nasdaq is up 910.06 points, or 30.1 percent.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)