Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
'Gizmo' helps determine telework eligibility
Monday - 7/4/2011, 2:01am EDT
It has released the Online Eligibility Gizmo - a free quiz, of sorts, users can take to determine whether "you and your position are a fit for telework."
The gizmo starts by asking the user whether he is a federal employee or not. Next, the user is asked a series of questions about his work requirements and habits. For example, "My performance ratings are based on my work output" and "I work with classified information on a daily basis." Based on the responses to these questions, the gizmo calculates a "telework eligibility rating" and gives the user reasons why telework would or wouldn't be a good option for them.
Users must submit their name and email address before the gizmo will check their eligibility. Users can also choose to receive an email of their telework profile or a "complete business case" explaining why telework could benefit them.