Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The move to telework starts with the cloud
Monday - 2/7/2011, 4:00am EST
Consulting firm Deloitte agrees. In a report released last month, Deloitte predicts this it the year the iPad will make the leap from consumer driven to enterprise tool.
One possible fly in the ointment to slow that progress is how much data the tablets can hold. However, Eric Openshaw, vice chairman and U.S. technology leader at Deloitte told the Dorobek Insider, at agencies where email and document storage have moved to the cloud, the iPad offers an opportunity to replace computers, Openshaw said.
A bonus that comes with storage on the cloud is being able to share applications.
"Being able to source applications on demand," Jeff Bergeron, the U.S. Public Sector Chief Technology Officer for HP explained to the Federal Drive, "in a mobile environment is certainly critical, so we'll see the explosion of mobile and mobile workforce and mobile devices within the public sector market as cloud becomes more of a reality."