Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Teleworkers are so last fiscal year
Monday - 11/1/2010, 5:12pm EDT
Instead of referring to "teleworkers," Johnson said employees are shifting behavior to be a different type of "mobile worker."
The newer term of art takes the telephone out of the equation just in time to make way for smaller, portable tools of the federal trade.
Whatever the workforce is called, GSA is pleased with results of its pilot program underway in Kansas City.
All 300 employees of the office telework at least one day a week, and 45 employees telework five days a week.
People in the pilot program have told GSA Regional Commissioner of Federal Acquisition Service Michael Brinks that they are sleeping more, exercising more, seeing their families more and feeling less stressed.
"All of that translates into a happy employee, and when you have a happy employee I believe you have a productive employee," Brinks said.
And as for telework centers, not to worry. They won't completely disappear anytime soon. They're just changing with the times as well.
In fact, DISA is now less than a month away from opening a new "classified telework center," believed to be the first of its kind.