Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Telework enjoys a 'perfect storm'
Monday - 9/20/2010, 12:14pm EDT
"The Federal government is in a telework perfect storm - it's a win for employees, managers, agencies, and the environment," said Cindy Auten, General Manager, Telework Exchange at a recent event with Lockheed Martin.
Lockheed is joining forces the Telework Exchange "in support of their mission to expand and improve telework options for government agencies and employees," according to a Lockheed press release.
Additionally, Bob Cusack, managing editor of The Hill newspaper says to watch for the Telework Act to be passed this year.
After a rough patch in the House, it now has bipartisan backing from Frank Wolf (R-VA), Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and others. "I think that's a bill," said Cusack, "that could be folded into a continuing resolution or some type of massive bill that's moving through" and use the momentum to carry though. "It's one of those bills that's going to be attached to a train that's moving and that's what the sponsors are going to be looking for."