Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
VA ready to kick the virtual tires
Friday - 6/25/2010, 7:09pm EDT
Last week the VA said in a FedBizOps notice it intends to award a contract for a prototype VCC.
Roger Baker, the CIO at VA tells NextGov the department wants to set up call centers that aren't "jammed with hundreds of folks, but rather defined by virtual spaces, where calls are routed to folks nationwide -- including people who work at home 'wearing their bunny slippers.'"
The VA is looking for ideas from industry on the best ways to route calls and answer questions from veterans about claims and benefits.
Expect to see the request for proposal this week with a goal of awarding the contract "no later than 28 August 2010."