Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
VA ready to kick the virtual tires
Friday - 6/25/2010, 7:09pm EDT
Last week the VA said in a FedBizOps notice it intends to award a contract for a prototype VCC.
Roger Baker, the CIO at VA tells NextGov the department wants to set up call centers that aren't "jammed with hundreds of folks, but rather defined by virtual spaces, where calls are routed to folks nationwide -- including people who work at home 'wearing their bunny slippers.'"
The VA is looking for ideas from industry on the best ways to route calls and answer questions from veterans about claims and benefits.
Expect to see the request for proposal this week with a goal of awarding the contract "no later than 28 August 2010."