Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
CDC honored for its healthy telework program
Monday - 6/14/2010, 10:35am EDT
Under the CDC's "Telework Improvement Initiative", telework participation went from 18 percent of eligible employees to 30 percent during the last 12 months, all teleworkers and their managers participated in updated training, nearly 2,000 laptops were purchased by the agency to be used solely by teleworkers, and the list goes on.
As a result, according to the Telework Exchange, customer service levels "were preserved or improved," "tangible cost-savings" were realized by saving on needed space and equipment and overall operating budgets were able to be cut back.
CDC officials "credit their success to the involvement of all stakeholders in the planning and implementation of the telework program," including employees, supervisors, senior leadership, and organized labor groups.