Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
OPM shuts down office and opens telework horizons
Friday - 4/9/2010, 7:18pm EDT
As part of a pilot program, the test group is from OPM's headquarters in Washington and field offices in Pittsburgh and Boyers, Pa.
The Pittsburgh facility is a call center, ideal for the pilot. According to Justin Johnson, deputy chief of staff at OPM, five employees regularly come into the center, while 21 others telework full time.
Government Executive magazine reports the five "have agreed to work from home permanently so OPM can close the office," saving OPM more than more than $200,000 a year in rent and utilities.
The funds can then, according Johnson, be invested back into telework technology.
Johnson spoke at town hall meeting sponsored by the Telework Exchange.