Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Telework lesson learned from Snowmageddon
Monday - 2/22/2010, 1:34am EST
"We need to make it simpler," he tells Federal News Radio.
There was a lot of single, point-to-point. [Employees] would come in [virtually], take over their desktops ...and have all of those services that they have at their desktops available to them at home. Until this time, I think there has always been the thought that, "well, how many people have that high speed, broadband access to make that happen?" In reality, a huge number did.
Belcher said his goal now is to push the technology side "to make it so simple that when people come on, they have a portal to come to and everything is there for them, and they don't have to go through -- 'What's my password? How do I get this file?' We've got to have it simpler than it is today."