Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Telework lesson learned from Snowmageddon
Monday - 2/22/2010, 1:34am EST
"We need to make it simpler," he tells Federal News Radio.
There was a lot of single, point-to-point. [Employees] would come in [virtually], take over their desktops ...and have all of those services that they have at their desktops available to them at home. Until this time, I think there has always been the thought that, "well, how many people have that high speed, broadband access to make that happen?" In reality, a huge number did.
Belcher said his goal now is to push the technology side "to make it so simple that when people come on, they have a portal to come to and everything is there for them, and they don't have to go through -- 'What's my password? How do I get this file?' We've got to have it simpler than it is today."