Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
GSA will charge employees for parking
Monday - 7/25/2011, 8:13am EDT
Federal News Radio
General Services Administration employees will no longer be able to park for free at federal buildings. Citing a "responsibility to increase the sustainability of the Federal government," the GSA will require employees to pay for parking starting August 1.
The announcement was made in an email to employees, the GSA confirmed to Federal News Radio. The policy change applies to employees parking in the National Capital Region.
Employees who currently have parking assignments will not lose them under the new policy, and will have the option to opt-out of parking if they don't want to pay for it. Information on pricing and payment will be sent out to employees will be sent out in the next few weeks, according to the email.
MEMORANDUM FOR ALL GSA EMPLOYEES IN THE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
FROM: CATHLEEN C. KRONOPOLUS, REGIONAL COMMISSIONER, PUBLIC BUILDINGS SERVICE, NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
SUBJECT: Important changes to parking In the National Capital Region
As of August 1, 2011, all GSA personnel (employees and contractors) who park in a federal building or in a GSA-leased location in the National Capital Region will be required to pay for parking.
GSA recognizes that it has a responsibility to increase the sustainability of the Federal government and can do so by reducing the environmental impact of the green house gas emissions we generate. One way we can do that is by reducing incentives such as free parking. Charging for parking is commensurate with common private sector practice.
GSA encourages other modes of transportation (biking, rail, bus, etc.) and the use of telework/mobile work.
Priority for assigning parking spaces will remain the same. Additional information will be sent in the next couple of weeks including a link that will describe the process, payment, and points of contact.
There will be no changes in parking space assignments - if you have a space today, you will not lose it when the payment program takes effect. In the event you do not wish to pay for your parking space, effective August 1st, you will be able to cancel your space.