Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
'Gizmo' helps determine telework eligibility
Monday - 7/4/2011, 2:01am EDT
It has released the Online Eligibility Gizmo - a free quiz, of sorts, users can take to determine whether "you and your position are a fit for telework."
The gizmo starts by asking the user whether he is a federal employee or not. Next, the user is asked a series of questions about his work requirements and habits. For example, "My performance ratings are based on my work output" and "I work with classified information on a daily basis." Based on the responses to these questions, the gizmo calculates a "telework eligibility rating" and gives the user reasons why telework would or wouldn't be a good option for them.
Users must submit their name and email address before the gizmo will check their eligibility. Users can also choose to receive an email of their telework profile or a "complete business case" explaining why telework could benefit them.