Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Outages continue, closing some federal offices
Thursday - 6/2/2011, 8:22am EDT
Senior Internet Editor
Updated 8:50 am
Pepco is having more power outage problems in the District, and it could be noon before electricity is restored to more than than 1,800 customers.
The outages began Tuesday night, and prompted some federal offices to close Wednesday.
Pepco restored power to neighborhoods along North Capitol Street around 9 p.m. An hour later, the underground cables serving the area failed again.
Crews are working around First and Pierce Streets.
The following federal offices are closed or making changes for the day:
General Services Administration offices at 1275 1st Street NE are closed. GSA requests employees telework or use alternate work spaces at its 1800 F Street and National Capital Region headquarters in Washington, and its Federal Acquisition Service offices in Crystal City, Va.
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, says it is closed for a second day. Workers are on administrative leave.
Department of Justice Employees assigned to the TWO CON building are being asked to go to alternate works sites or to telework.
The United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission is closed for the day and employees are on administrative leave.
The Federal Maritime Commission is also closed for the day.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is closed.
Any other individual federal agencies will be making independent rulings operations today.
Most affected Federal employees are being asked to use alternative locations or telework. Some are on administrative leave. Check with your supervisor.
The problems with Pepco's underground feeders started Tuesday night. More than 4,500 customers were without power early Wednesday.
For the latest list of community closings and cooling center information, see wtop.com.
(WTOP.com contributed to this report.)
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)