Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
McDonnell issues transportation challenge
Sunday - 4/24/2011, 11:01am EDT
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Gov. Bob McDonnell is asking Virginians to walk, bike or otherwise avoid driving alone once every two weeks.
McDonnell says the Earth Day challenge is designed to help Virginians shift how they look at their daily commute and make small changes that can help reduce highway congestion and improve the environment.
McDonnell says taking the bus or train, carpooling, vanpooling or teleworking can be better options.
The Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation's service locator can help identify the transportation options. It's available at http://www.drpt.virginia.gov/locator.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)