Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
OPM gives feds options for early dismissal
Friday - 3/4/2011, 2:58pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management said federal employees can now take unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework prior to an early dismissal in the Washington, D.C., area.
"The revised announcement is not a change in policy," but is meant to give feds additional options when there is an early dismissal, said OPM director John Berry in a memorandum Thursday.
Since workers arrive to work at many different times, OPM said it hopes this revision will encourage them to leave earlier when weather advisories are in place.
OPM also said it realizes implementing unscheduled telework policies is an ongoing process and is encouraging agencies to work on pairing teleworking with their weather procedures.
John Buckner is an intern with Federal News Radio.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)