Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Are You Ready to Telework?
Friday - 1/7/2011, 3:53pm EST
After last month's passage of the 2010 Telework Enhancement Act, these questions need to be addressed to implement increased telework in the federal government.
Telework policies, agreements and training programs are being created, as agencies work to meet the requirements mandated by the legislation. The legislation requires agencies to determine the eligibility of employees to telework, establish telework policies, and inform those employees who are eligible of the option within 180 days. Agencies must also set up training programs for both teleworking employees and their managers, as well as establish a telework managing officer.
Join host Bill Bransford as he discusses the new telework law and the Office of Personnel Management's new unscheduled telework policy with Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Paul Rowson of WorldatWork.