Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Are You Ready to Telework?
Friday - 1/7/2011, 3:53pm EST
After last month's passage of the 2010 Telework Enhancement Act, these questions need to be addressed to implement increased telework in the federal government.
Telework policies, agreements and training programs are being created, as agencies work to meet the requirements mandated by the legislation. The legislation requires agencies to determine the eligibility of employees to telework, establish telework policies, and inform those employees who are eligible of the option within 180 days. Agencies must also set up training programs for both teleworking employees and their managers, as well as establish a telework managing officer.
Join host Bill Bransford as he discusses the new telework law and the Office of Personnel Management's new unscheduled telework policy with Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Paul Rowson of WorldatWork.