Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Telework enjoys a 'perfect storm'
Monday - 9/20/2010, 12:14pm EDT
"The Federal government is in a telework perfect storm - it's a win for employees, managers, agencies, and the environment," said Cindy Auten, General Manager, Telework Exchange at a recent event with Lockheed Martin.
Lockheed is joining forces the Telework Exchange "in support of their mission to expand and improve telework options for government agencies and employees," according to a Lockheed press release.
Additionally, Bob Cusack, managing editor of The Hill newspaper says to watch for the Telework Act to be passed this year.
After a rough patch in the House, it now has bipartisan backing from Frank Wolf (R-VA), Gerry Connolly (D-VA) and others. "I think that's a bill," said Cusack, "that could be folded into a continuing resolution or some type of massive bill that's moving through" and use the momentum to carry though. "It's one of those bills that's going to be attached to a train that's moving and that's what the sponsors are going to be looking for."