Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
5 Early holiday bonuses for teleworkers
Friday - 7/30/2010, 6:35pm EDT
The Street, an investing and market news website, offers 5 Reasons to Start Holiday Shopping and all five are online options.
It seems Toys R Us has chosen June to announce their "Christmas Saver's Club" holiday plan. That's beating Cyber Monday to the punch by five months.
But they aren't alone. Also ready to serve you with cyber eggnog in hand are eLayaway, Target, Sears/Kmart, Amazon and Facebook.
According to The Street, these are the companies offering "the Top 5 holiday sales gimmicks...so far."
For example, assuming you're reading this online, you're one or two mouse clicks away from Toys R Us's "Christmas Savers Club". You can put money on a gift card and it will earn 3% interest between now and the holidays.
"Laugh all you want," says The Street, "at the shopper socking away $500 in June, but he or she will have spending power three Barbie dolls' greater than the consumer spending the same amount in July. That's just good parenting."
Sears and Kmart offer a similar deal of 3% interest on their sites, and Target will start offering a 5% discount to their debit and Visa REDcard holders in the fall.