Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Private Investments Made in Advanced Energy Projects
Friday - 2/18/2011, 3:44pm EST
Department officials report, in a little over one year, six projects that received a total of $23-point-6 million dollars in seed funding have generated more than $100 million in outside private capital investment.
The six projects, which received between $750,000 and $8 million each, focus on improving solar and wind energy technologies and advanced battery storage.
Energy Secretary Steven Chu says, the projects are meeting the goal of the ARPA-E program is to swing for the fences, and focus on truly transformative energy research.