Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
AF Space Command Restructured
Friday - 9/3/2010, 11:42am EDT
The review involved over 70 key people and organizations, including the Air Force, the Department of Defense, Congress and other space related groups within government and the commercial sector.
Among the changes, the Air Force undersecretary will take charge of the space program. Also, the job of space acquisition has been moved out of the undersecretary of the Air Force's office to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition.
The Secretary says the changes will allow Air Force to perform space work in a more streamlined and effective way, with the ultimate goal of providing the best space support to the warfighter.