Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Digital Notices to Airmen
Monday - 5/10/2010, 2:18pm EDT
NOTAMs provide computer-generated safety information to pilots and air traffic controllers about conditions at an airport like construction and hazards.
FAA Administrator Randy Babbit calls digital information management "key to meeting the air traffic system's safety and efficiency goals," as well as modernizing the national airspace system.
Digital NOTAMs have safety and efficiency benefits over traditional NOTAMs, including transmitting to all air traffic management systems simultaneously. And, airspace users get easier to read information.
Other airports that will follow the lead of Atlantic City International include: Washington Dulles, Reagan National, B-W-I, Richmond, and Norfolk.