Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Thursday - 11/19/2009, 11:41am EST
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is just one of many Federal agencies undergoing changes, as they consider the advantages of cloud computing, virtualization, and adopting thin client networks. Thomas Boyce, the Deputy CIO at the NRC, is working on all of the technology hot-button issues that other agencies are focused on.
But the NRC's unique mission puts unique demands on their technology shop. On this second of a two-part interview, Mr. Boyce talks about the technology needs that are different at NRC than at other agencies. He also reveals a huge project the agency is undertaking, that will radically change the way the agency does business - and does technology.