Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
IRMCO sessions to focus on cloud
Thursday - 3/10/2011, 11:06pm EST
The General Services Administration’s annual IRMCO conference is just around the corner and two of its key panel discussions will focus on cloud computing.
IRMCO will be held March 15-16 at the Kellogg Conference Center and Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Day two will open with a CIO roundtable on implementing the 25-Point IT Plan laid out by the Obama administration last year. (Cloud computing is a major component of that plan.) The discussion will be led by Federal CIO Vivek Kundra and panelists include:
- Chris Smith, CIO, USDA
- Bernie Mazer, CIO, Interior
- Darren Ash, Deputy Director for Corporate Management, Office of the Executive Director, NRC
- Henry Sienkiewicz, CIO, DISA
The two-day conference will then finish with a panel on data center consolidation and the cloud-first policy implemented by OMB in 2010. The panel will be led by GSA’s Steve Kempf, commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service.
- Katie Lewin, Director, Cloud Computing Program, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, GSA
- Kevin Kampschroer, Director, Office of Federal High -Performance Green Buildings, GSA
- Richard Spires, CIO, DHS
- Jerry Williams, CIO, HUD
The Fed Cloud Blog will bring you the latest from the conference next week!